I recently went along to a Vision Board evening with my good friend, Kylie (who I run the Auckland Art & Craft Fair with). I wasn't sure what it would be like, I'm not going to lie, it had cringe potential but it was really great! It was a chance to have dedicated time to think about life, what you want from it and that there is no reason why you can't have all of those things.
A vision board is a little like Pinterest, only it's something you can see each day and keep focussed on, rather than pinning another item and it gets pushed down and forgotten about.
Everyone at the evening had different objectives for their boards, I took a general sense; I want my whole life to be awesome, not just part of it! Why not, go for the big one. We were asked to find images that represent what we want; I organised mine into career, relationships, home, family, lifestyle and personality. The idea is that each time you look at your board, you imagine being in that space already — you're not wanting to be there, you are there. It felt amazing!
Have a go at making your own if you fancy, it's a lot of fun! Here are the tips I took away from the evening:
- Pick images and words that represent what you want to have in your life.
- Organise them into like areas.
- Look at your board each day for at least 60 seconds and imagine you are right there, living in that vision!
- Be positive; you get out what you put in.
So, will you have a go at your own vision board?
No comments :
Post a Comment
Thanks for your lovely comments! We moderate all our comments so that we can reply if need be.
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.