I was recently asked about how I do my make-up by a couple of people after I posted a photo on my instagram of my new passport photo's, which were actually (if I do say so myself) pretty darn good.
I don't spend a lot on my everyday make up as I would rather have those valuable minutes in bed hitting the snooze button... But there are a few things that I wouldn't be without and I thought I'd show you what I do most days, I have a few variations depending on how much time I have but it's essentially the same thing...
From the top, clockwise: Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara, Revlon CustomEyes in Gold Spun, Revlon ColourStay foundation in Buff, 3 brushes that I used today (big fluffy brush, round tipped shadow brush and a brush for my brows), Smashbos Highlighter wand in Pearl, MAC bronzer in Golden, MAC blush in Margin, MAC Shadow in Shroom, Revlon gloss and Maybelline SuperStay Gloss in #105
My top tips...
- Always start with a good base; cleanse and moisturise (I use Nivea Q10 anti-wrinkle cream, secrets out)
- Do your eye brows! I tint my own at home using this and groom them, this is a great tutorial and is how I do mine. It makes such a difference, even when you have no make-up on!
- Invest in some good brushes; a nice big fluffy one for brozers/powders is essential
- Even if you are pale like me, you can wear bronzer, just don't go nuts! A nice big brush will help make 'mistakes' easier to fix
Left: I've applied my foundation and dabbed a little concealer where I still need it
Right: I've applied my bronzer, blush and my highlighter creme.
So, how to apply a bronzer? Imagine you are drawing a '3' down the side of your face. The top of the 3 starts at your temple, the middle of the 3 comes under your cheek bone on an angle and the bottom of the 3 goes under your jawline. Apply a little with your big brush and blend, blend, blend, you can always add more if you need to...
Ok, so what about blush? Dab a bit on a big fluffy brush, knock off the excess, make a big smile and blend across the apples of your cheeks.
What about highlighter? Why do I need that? Because it does wonders to brighten your face! Apply across your cheek bones, down the centre of your nose, on your cupids bow and a little on your chin.
Eyes: Using a darker colour (I've used the dark brown from my Revlon Custom Eyes compact) apply to the outer corner of your eye and along the crease (see below image to get a better look).
Next, using a lighter colour (I've used MAC 'Shroom') apply across your lid blending into the crease, and apply again along the top of the crease and blend under your brows. Curl your lashes if you have time and pop a few lashings of mascara onto your top lashes.
Lips: Usually I don't wear much on my lips, either a little Benetint or in this instance, some Maybelline Superstay in #105 which is a pretty, barely there nude. And a little gloss.






Loving it Jess! =)
ReplyDeleteThank you Ruth! xx
DeleteI love your everyday make up, you look very classy but not overdone. The lipgloss really suits you :)
ReplyDeleteHayley
Water Painted Dreams
xxx
Thank you Hayley! That is so sweet x
DeleteThanks for this! Really useful! If you dont mind me asking what brand are your brushes? :)
ReplyDeleteThanks x
You're welcome! I really don't actually know, they were a Christmas gift I was given last year and they have no branding on them. They're a mix of some natural hair brushes and some synthetic brushes so are good for different jobs, they came in a big set of about 24 brushes... so spoilt!
Delete