Since being in my late 20's and entering my 30's (high five if you're in the club) I started to not feel silly wearing lipstick. For years I felt like I was pretending to be my Mum and that I was too young to be wearing something so 'grown up'. I know, it makes zero sense.
Now however, I love the stuff! I wear it whenever I can and own many, many colours because I know one day, I'll get to that age where I can no longer wear lipstick due to all the smile lines from living an amazing life, so make hay while the sun shines I say!
So, here's how I get my pout looking pretty....
What you will need L to R: Lucas Paw Paw ointment (ah-mazing), lip brush, lip pencil and lipstick.
I've used a pencil by Australis in 'Kiss me Quick' and lipstick by Revlon in 'Orchid Beach'
- Before you do anything; wash your face, moisturise and brush your teeth, apply a primer and dab a little lip balm to soften those lips.
- Start with a fresh base of make-up (follow my tutorial here for how I do mine) being sure to conceal and hide any spots, the bright lipstick will accentuate these if you don't.
- Wip off the excess lip balm, then, using your lip pencil, line those kissers! I line mine at my natural edge because I like my natural shape.
- Now you're lined, fill in with the pencil (it's a good look, no?)
- Using your lip brush, go over your pencil
- Blot using a tissue but DON'T put the tissue between your lips! It will blot unevenly. Better to dab carefully. Re-apply your lipstick with your brush.
And there you have it! Pucker up with your bright lips because those babies will stay like that for the majority of the day when you apply your lipstick like this.
Hope you're having a lovely week xx







Ahh amazing colour!! Is it quite neon? It looks really bright in the pics. Fab tutorial xx Fi
ReplyDeleteThank you! Absolutely, it is just as bright as it is in those photo's, it's pretty loud! I have to be in a certain, confident mood to feel like I can pull it off, that's for sure ;)
Delete